Thursday, July 14, 2016

Haiku from Susan - Sharing my Spiritual Journey




Haiku… Sharing my Spiritual Journey

April, 2015

 

My spiritual path…

 

 

Belief:

Know the Inward Light

Practice “holding in the Light”

That of God in all

 

The Divine:

God, the Creator

Holy Spirit, all encompassing

Jesus, God revealed

 

The Quaker Path:

Encounter the Divine

Discern God’s will for our lives

Transform lives to God

 

 

Values that reflect my Spiritual Path… growth and clarity as I’ve passed through the decades…

 

Compassion (focus in my 20’s)

Who is my neighbor?

Jesus says “Love thy neighbor.”

Who IS my neighbor?

 

Education (focus in my 30’s)

Seeking, questioning

Knowledge circles round and round

Challenging answers.

 

Community  (focus in my 40’s)

Sharing, trusting, open

Communication builds

Collaboration

Philanthropy (focus in my 50’s)

Guns, drugs, slavery

Watch out for your investments!

Land trusts, health, children

 

Integrity (focus in my 60’s)

Traveling God’s path

Discerning the will of God

Living one’s values

 

Integration  (focus in my 70’s)

Where will I go next?

Where will discernment lead me?

Where am I going?

No comments:

Post a Comment